dimecres, 6 d’agost del 2008

To Celia (a Celia)



To Celia

Drink to me only with thine eyes,
And I will pledge with mine;
Or leave a kiss but in the cup
And I'll not look for wine.
The thirst that from the soul doth rise
Doth ask a drink divine;
But might I of Jove's nectar sup,
I would not change for thine.

I sent thee late a rosy wreath,
Not so much honouring thee
As giving it a hope that there
It could not withered be;
But thou thereon didst only breathe,
And sent'st it back to me;
Since when it grows, and smells, I swear,
Not of itself but thee!


A Celia

Brinda por mí tan sólo con tus ojos
y te contestaré con mi mirada;
o, tal vez, en la copa pon un beso
y no verás que en ella busque el vino.
Sed que nace del alma
requiere la bebida de los dioses;
mas si néctar de Júpiter me dieran,
no quisiera cambiarlo por el tuyo.

Te envié, hace poco, rosas enlazadas,
no tanto en pleitesía,
como para brindarles la esperanza
de no ponerse mustias estando allí contigo;
más tu aliento les diste solamente,
y, luego, ya las rosas devolvías;
y crecen desde entonces y -lo juro.
no huelen de por sí, sino con tu fragancia.

Ben Jonson (1573-167)
traducció de Marià Manent

____________________________________

Un preciós poema... Em va agradar molt quan el vaig llegir, farà uns mesos...

0 comentaris:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

 

Desert Humit Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Art Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template